We first laid eyes on these glorious Spencer Peterman bowls up in Boston and dinner has not been the same since. They are hand-hewn from local trees – and, with the right care, an heirloom you can pass down. We make crazy salads in Peterman bowls: lettuce, grains, beans, roasted beets, crumbled cheeses, olives, pistachios…you name it and we have featured it in these wooden showstoppers.
The black walnut tree is a rare, fine-grained, hardwood native to New England. Black walnut wood is prized for its strength, deep rich color and straight grain. Symbolically, the black walnut tree represents wisdom, knowledge and inspiration. Each piece is handmade in their Massachusetts workshop from upcycled New England trees. The round wooden bowls have a classic smooth edge for a more formal appearance.
- Sustainably Sourced and Upcycled
- Finish, color, spalting and size may vary
- 100% food safe
- Handcrafted in Massachusetts
- 15" Wide
- Hand wash with mild soap and towel dry.
- Apply mineral oil once a month to maintain the natural beauty of the wood.
- Prolonged exposure to water can cause damage; please do not submerge in water or place in the dishwasher.
- Common mistakes include letting old fruit and vegetables mold at the bottom of a bowl (this may stain) and putting a bowl/board in the oven.